Welcome to EYFS at Collingwood. Details of the work your child will be covering can be found in their communication books or by following the links below. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further information in supporting your child at home.
Recent Class Activities with Photographs
“We are very excited to have started Forest School in Ducklings class. We have a great school field which is the ideal location for us to go out and explore, have fun and learn.
Forest School is an inspirational concept providing learning opportunities through practical activities in an outdoor environment. Children enjoy the freedom to explore and experience the natural world in all seasons and in all weathers. Forest School embraces an approach of nurturing, supporting and developing the self-esteem of all children. It is an ideal environment in which to develop innovation, problem solving, risk taking, creativity and teamwork.
So far on our Forest School adventure we have:
- Made nature crowns to show that we are Guardians of the Forest
- Built new houses for the magical people that live in the Forest
- Foraged for natural objects
- Sorted natural objects by size, colour and type
- Played a memory game using natural objects
- Learnt a fun Forest School song
- Played hide and seek”
Useful Links for Parents and Carers