The school’s policies relating to keeping pupils safe such as our Child Protection Policy, Government Guidance and other relevant documents can be found on the policies page of this website. Further information relating to keeping safe on the internet can be found on the e-safety tab (in the ‘Header’ menu above).
- If you think that a child is in immediate danger, dial 999.
- If you are concerned about a child’s safety or wellbeing, please speak to the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead’s; Mrs Buckland-Garnett or Mrs Minister or call Social Care (Family Operations Hub) on 0345 603 7627 (out of hours 0845 606 1212). (In Southend call 01702 215007 and Thurrock call 01375 652 802.)
- If you are concerned about a member of staff’s behaviour, please speak to the Headteacher; Mrs Buckland-Garnett
- If you are concerned about the Headteacher’s behaviour, please ask to speak to the Chair of Governors.
- Report non-urgent child sexual exploitation to the police by dialling 101.
- For reporting concerns about on-line inappropriate materials use the CEOP button (we can help you do this) To find out more see www.essex.police.uk/cse
An informative leaflet for Essex parents on how to spot if your child is being sexually exploited and what to do about it. http://www.escb.co.uk/Portals/67/Documents/CSE/IDK/CSE%20Parent%20Leaflet.pdf
Further useful sources of information can be found on the “e-safety” tab (top left) on this website.